Tiarella 'Spring Symphony' (PBR)
- 6 × 9cm pots
- available to order from spring
- 9cm pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: partial or deep shade
- Soil: cool, moist, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Attractive, deeply lobed leaves with a small dark blotch in the centre, make a great carpet of foliage throughout the summer. In late spring, slender stems rise up and hold spikes of tiny star-shaped, blush white flowers. This is a brilliant plant for covering the ground in a shady spot - plant it in large numbers for best effect.
- Garden care: Removing the faded blooms regularly will prolong flowering and encourage more to come. Cut back and compost the spent flower stems in autumn and apply a dry mulch around the crown of the plant to protect against frost damage.