air plant in a hanging glass globe
air plant / Tillandsia capitata Peach
- Tillandsia Peach
- Standard £4.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: these plants do not need to grow in compost!
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: plant approximately 5cm
- Glass globe: approx 10cm diameter
Air plants (Tillandias) are incredibly easy to grow as they do not need to be potted up. This one has lovely, soft to the touch foliage, which is usually a pretty silvery green, but before it starts to flower the foliage will take on a purple-peach blush. The plant is supplied as a single shoot approximately 5cm in length. Simply supply your own strong string or fishing line and if you wish you can add a little sand or gravel and its ready to hang.
- Home care: These plants do need a humid environment to thrive, so a bright bathroom or steamy kitchen would be ideal. Misting with water a couple of times a week usually supplies sufficient water, although additional watering may be required in a dry hot environment. Remember to shake off any excess water though as they dislike overwatering and should never be allowed to sit in water for any length of time. If possible use rain water, especially in hard water areas, and never use water from a water softener.