Tradescantia spathacea 'Sitara'
- 12cm pot | 25cm tall
- available to order from spring
- Standard £5.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 25cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
The foliage of this undemanding houseplant is variously striped with cream and green, and is flushed with pink - which is also the predominant colour on the lower surface of the leaves. It forms in a rosette, so looks very pretty when viewed from above - or from the side.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Make sure that it is in a bright spot but not in direct sun, with a constant average temperature no lower than 10°C in the winter. Watering is simple - water well in the growing season from spring to autumn, then reduce watering in the winter when the plant's growth has slowed down. You can mist the leaves occasionally in a hot summer.
- Humans: Skin allergen