Tropaeolum majus 'Alaska Salmon Orange'
nasturtium 'Alaska Salmon Orange'
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 25 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: poor, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: tender
Easy, trouble free annuals with highly ornamental variegated foliage and beautiful blooms accentuated by prominent veining. Ideal for the front of sunny borders and patio tubs.
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care:Soak the seeds overnight and then sow an early crop under glass in good seed compost, covering lightly. Maintain the temperature between 13-16°C and water when necessary. When large enough to handle, pot on or acclimatise slowly and plant outside after all risk of frost has passed. Alternatively sow directly outside in mid to late spring. These plants flower best in poor soil, so take care not to over-fertilise. Dead-heading regularly will also encourage an even better display.
- Sow: March-June
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 25 seeds.