Eventual height & spread
Tulipa praestans 'Zwanenburg Variety' - Organic bulbs
Natural - organic bulbs
- available to order from summer 2021
- 7 organic bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
In keeping with our concern for the plight of the bees, this bulb forms part of our organic bulb range. It has been sustainably grown without the use of pesticides (including neonicitinoides), and it comes in a brown paper bag with an informative colour label.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April-May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 7/+
A multi-headed tulip that can produce up to 5 dazzling flowers on each stem in mid-spring. Their orange-red colouring is really eye-catching, so they really put on a great show, and as the plants are relatively compact, they are great for pots as well as borders.
- Garden care: From October to December plant the bulbs 10-15cm deep and 8cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. After flowering apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month. If planted in a lawn, make sure the turf is not cut until the foliage has completely died back.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy