miscellaneous group tulip bulbs or Turkestan tulip
- available to order from autumn
- 10 bulbs
- 30 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 7/8
A beautiful species tulip that can be left in the ground for several years, where it will gradually form a naturalised swathe of early spring colour in borders or meadows. The flowers themselves are mainly white, but usually with a subtle pink or greenish yellow flush - and they tend to be longer-lasting than many of the tulips commonly used as seasonal bedding. As they open, they resemble yellow-eyed stars that seem to hover amongst the grey-green leaves. A stunner!
- Garden care: In November or December plant bulbs 15cm deep and 8cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. After flowering deadhead and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy