Tulipa 'West Point'
lily flowered tulip bulbs
- available to order from autumn 2021
- 10 bulbs
- 30 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 11/12
A lily-flowering tulip, with light yellow, slender, urn-shaped flowers with pointed tips. They are quite tall and are known for their long-lasting flowers that are perfect for cutting and look spectacular when fully opened. This is a great variety that has been given the Award of Garden Merit by the Royal Horticultural Society.
- Garden care: In September to December plant bulbs 15-20cm deep and 10-15cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. Alternatively, allow 7-9 bulbs per 30cm sq. After flowering deadhead and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month. Once the foliage has died down naturally lift the bulbs and store in a cool greenhouse.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy