single late tulip bulbs
- available to order from summer
- 10 bulbs
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun-partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 11/12
Slender stems are topped with glowing red flowers, which have a splash of yellow towards the base of each petal. 'Wisley' will make a magnificent addition to hot themed colour schemes and it will also make a bold partner for deep purples.
- Garden care: From September to December plant bulbs 15-20cm deep and 10-15cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. Alternatively, allow 7-9 bulbs per 30cm sq. After flowering dead-head and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month. Once the foliage has died down naturally lift the bulbs and store in a cool greenhouse.