- 2 + 1 FREE 9cm pots
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
A neat, low-growing verbena producing lax clusters of fragrant, bright purple or magenta flowers from June to September. This jewel-like perennial is perfect for a sheltered, sunny, well-drained spot. Associating well with grey and silver-leaved plants, it's wonderful used in generous drifts for infilling a traditional knot garden. It will self-seed freely in the right spot and the flowers are a magnet to to butterflies and bees.
- Garden care: In areas prone to frost apply a deep, dry winter mulch around the crown of the plant.