Veronica spicata 'Rotfuchs'
speedwell (syn. Red Fox )
- 2 + 1 FREE 9cm pots
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
- Standard £4.95
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Flower colour: deep pink
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Branching leafy stems form neat, bushy mounds, which are topped with stout spikes bearing deep, rose-pink flowers. A very decorative cultivar, particularly when planted in large clumps towards the front of a herbaceous border.
- Garden care: Remove faded flower-stems in autumn. Apply a generous 5-7cm mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring