Veronicastrum virginicum 'Fascination'
- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 litre pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Self-supporting spires of bluey-mauve flowers from July to August above whorls of deep green leaves. The delicate, tubular flowers add vertical interest to the back of a border and associate well with prairie style planting. Best grown in a fertile, moist, well-drained soil in full sun or partial shade.
- Garden care: Divide plants in spring. Apply a generous 5-7cm mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring.