Viburnum × bodnantense 'Charles Lamont'
- available to order from summer
- 12lt pot (1-1.25m)
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: November to March
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dense clusters of heavily scented, bright pink flowers on bare stems from November to March and toothed, dark green leaves. This upright, deciduous shrub is perfect for a sunny mixed or shrub border. To reduce the risk of frost damage to the flowers choose a sheltered site close to an entrance or path.
- Garden care: After flowering prune established specimens, removing up to one in five of the oldest and weakest branches to the base. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant.