Viburnum × burkwoodii
- available to order from autumn
- 12lt pot (0.8-1m)
- Standard £4.95
This shrub is semi-evergreen, so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new foliage appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Domed clusters of fragrant white flowers in April and May, opening from pink buds, followed by red fruit, and glossy, dark green leaves. This Viburnum is one of the best scented varieties and is usually evergreen when the plant matures. To fully appreciate the fabulously fragrant flowers chose a partly shady border close to an entrance or path.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Where necessary remove any misplaced or diseased branches in mid-summer after flowering.