Viburnum opulus 'Roseum'
snowball tree ( syn. Viburnum opulus Sterile )
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 12 lt pot (1-1.25m)
- Oversized £7.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
In May and June the branches of this vigorous deciduous shrub are smothered with large, snowball-like clusters of white or green-tinted white flowers - which sometimes age to pink. With maple-like, fresh green leaves that become purple-tinted in autumn it's an excellent ornamental plant for a sunny shrub or mixed border with fertile, moist, well-drained soil.
- Garden care: After flowering prune established specimens, removing up to one in five of the oldest and weakest branches to the base. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant.
- Humans/Pets: Fruit are ornamental - not to be eaten