Viburnum plicatum f. tomentosum Kilimanjaro ('Jww1') (PBR)
- available to order from autumn
- 3 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Very pretty, lacecap-like flowers appear on the tiered branches of this conical, deciduous shrub in early summer. Multi-stemmed, but more upright in habit than the species, it is perfect for the shrub border where space is at a premium. In autumn the leaves will take on good fiery colours before they fall providing another season of interest.
- Garden care: Keep the pruning of young plants to a minimum. Any vertical shoots that threaten to spoil the distinctive tiered shape of established plants should be cut back to their point of origin in summer after flowering.