wallflower 'Purple Shades'
wallflower - Erysimum
- 2 + 1 FREE packs
- available to order from late autumn
- 1 pack of 10
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: poor to moderately fertile, well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Please note: These are sold as bare-root plants, which have recently been dug up from the ground. Therefore, they will look a bit wilted and sad when they arrive, however field grown plants are usually stronger, and they will soon pick up when they are either planted out in the border or patio pot.
Impressive plants for the spring garden, wallflowers produce an abundance of flowers - this one in a most spectacular shade of purple-red. For a wow-factor colour scheme, team it with rich purples and near-black tulips, or if you like acid brights, lime greens and oranges. You will want to plant more than you need, as they make excellent cut flowers and they have a wonderful clove-like perfume.
- Garden care: Provide cloche protection where frosts are very severe or prolonged.
Please note that these wallflowers should be planted out as soon as they arrive!