Weigela 'Bristol Ruby'
weigela / weigelia
- available to order from autumn
- 12lt pot (1-1.2m)
- Standard £4.95
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Clusters of bell-shaped, deep red flowers open from plum-coloured buds in late spring and early summer putting on a very colourful display. This fast-growing, upright shrub is an attractive, easy-to-grow plant for small gardens or mixed shrub borders.
- Garden care: Once established prune each year in midsummer after flowering, removing one or two of the older stems to the base and cutting back the flowered stems to strong shoots below the spent flowers.