- available to order from winter
- 19cm pot - 95cm tall
- Position: bright light, can tolerate full sun
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Flowering period: summer/autumn
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 95cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 20cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
These bold, striking plants with their sword-like long green leaves growing out of a trunk never fail to impress. They are one of the few houseplants that really do love the sun, so ideal as that stand-alone specimen for the conservatory. Grown for its foliage and shape, it can have white bell-shaped, scented flowers but this is rare.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Place in a sunny spot, although it will take some shade. It is quite tolerant of temperature in the home but don't let it fall below 7°C. Water more often in the summer, feeling the top of the soil before you water, and reduce the watering through the winter months.