- available to order from spring 2021
- 32cm pot - 1.7m tall
- Position: bright light, can tolerate full sun
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Flowering period: summer/autumn
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 170cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)The 3 trunk heights are approx 120cm, 90cm & 45cm
These bold, striking plants with their sword-like long green leaves growing out of a trunk never fail to impress. They are one of the few houseplants that really do love the sun, so ideal as that standalone specimen for the conservatory. Grown for it's foliage and shape, it can have white bell shaped, scented flowers but this is rare. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Place in a sunny spot, although it will take some shade. It is quite tolerant of temperature in the home but don't let it fall below 7°C. Water more often in the summer, feeling the top of the soil before you water, and reduce the watering through the winter months.