Zantedeschia aethiopica 'Crowborough'
- available to order from spring
- 9cm pot
This pond plant dies right back in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
Unusual, pure white hood-shaped flowers that are up to 10-15cm (4-6in) long are produced from late spring to mid-summer. It makes a striking architectural clump with lovely arrow-shaped, glossy dark green leaves. It looks great grown beside water as a marginal plant and can be left outside in most frost-prone areas if it is given a deep winter mulch.
- Garden care: Mulch plants well in winter.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant