Abelia × grandiflora Tricolor Charm ('Mincautri') (PBR)
- 2 litre pot
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Perfect for sheltered courtyard gardens, the wonderfully compact Tricolor Charm has crimson red stems that bear pink-tinted green and white variegated foliage. Plant as a low hedge or in pots and containers, from July, delicate white, trumpet- shaped flowers bloom until the first frosts.
- Garden care: When planting Tricolor Charm, incorporate well-rotted compost or manure and a sprinkling of mycorrhizal fungi into the planting hole. Deadhead regularly to prolong flowering. In autumn, once the flowers have finished, lightly trim back the spent blooms to retain a neat and tidy shape. Remove any dead or damaged stems in April.