Acer palmatum 'Seiryu'
(shipped in 5-7 working days)
- 3 litre pot
- Next / named day
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: purple-red
- Other features: red winged fruit in late summer, autumn colour
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Deeply cut, bright-green leaves develop fabulous shades of gold to light yellow in autumn. Currently the only upright cut-leaf Japanese maple, this elegant tree is perfect for providing vertical interest in a small, urban garden. The delicate foliage needs protecting from cold winds and late- spring frosts.
- Garden care: Add a top-dressing of a multi-purpose fertiliser around the base of the plant in late spring. No routine pruning is required. Remove any dead, damaged or crossing branches in April when the plant is in full growth.