Acer palmatum 'Taylor' (PBR)
- available to order from summer
- 3 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
An attractive new cultivar, with lime green and cream foliage, which emerges in spring with a vivid salmon pink hue. As the leaves mature the pink fades but the variegation remains attractive throughout the summer. In autumn, the leaf colour changes again, turning lime green before they drop. Compact enough for large patio pots or even creating height in the smallest gardens, try underplanting it with early spring-flowering bulbs for added impact.
- Garden care: Add a top dressing of a multi-purpose fertiliser around the base of the plant in late spring. No routine pruning is required, just remove any dead, damaged or crossing branches in late autumn or winter when they are fully dormant.