Aeschynanthus 'Mona Lisa'
- available to order from autumn
- 15cm hanging pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: Quick growing
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 45cm (including pot)
- Pot: Already in a hanging pot ready to hang
Commonly called the lipstick plant because of the tubular scarlet flowers, which are held near the tips of the trailing stems by a darker sheath-like calyx. This eye-catching plant looks great cascading over the edges of the pot - even when not in bloom! Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Although not difficult to grow they do have certain requirements. They are used to the humidity of tropical rainforests so mist the leaves regularly and keep them warm. Don't let the temperature fall below 55°F or 13° C and keep away from draughts. Water regularly with tepid kettle or rain water from spring to autum, reducing in the winter to allow the plant a rest with slightly cooler temperatures. Feed regularly through the growing season with a balanced houseplant fertilier.