Agapanthus africanus 'Albus'
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil (or John Innes no. 3 compost for containers)
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need protection from frost in winter)
A wonderful white form of African lily, with globes of trumpet-shaped flowers from July to September. This bold perennial provides a perfect focal point for a sunny, well-drained border or in a patio container. Where temperatures fall below zero, container-grown specimens should be overwintered in a frost-free place.
- Garden care: Apply a balanced liquid fertiliser monthly from spring until flowering. Towards the end of September ease back on the watering and feeding of plants in containers to allow thefoliage to toughen up. In cold areas, protect the crown of the plant with a deep, dry mulch to protect them from hard frosts, or grow in a pot so they can be overwintered in an unheated greenhouse. Divide plants in spring. Divide plants that have become too big in spring, but remember you will often get more flowers when the roots are constricted.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten