- Available in 4 weeks
- 9cm pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, humus-rich
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Flowering Period: June - August
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
Forming neat, compact clumps of bluish-green leaves, which have notched edges and may take on a red flush when grown in full sun. The yellow-green flowers appear in small clusters from late spring and take on russet tones as they age. Often considered to be a better behaved version of A. mollis, this marvellous and easy to grow lady's mantle provides a long period of interest at the front of the border.
- Garden care: Cut back the faded flower heads and foliage in August and the plant will often produce a second flush of flowers. Alchemilla has a tendency to self-seed freely, so to minimise the spread of the plant, remove the seedheads carefully after flowering.