Allium amplectens 'Graceful Beauty'
- available to order from late summer
- 5 bulbs
- 15 bulbs
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April-May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 6
These alliums were only introduced in 2011 and already they have become firm favourites. They are compact growers, so are perfect for pots and front of border positions, and they produce very pretty clusters of white flowers, which have the palest pink flush and distinctive lavender stamens, in late spring. Easy and undemanding, they are at their best when planted in large drifts.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs 5cm deep and 5cm apart to enjoy the full effect of the flowers. Avoid excessive soil moisture, and split and divide large clumps in autumn or spring.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs