ornamental onion / allium bulb
- available to order from summer 2021
- 1 bulb
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Allium bulb size: 18/20
The spherical heads of 'Globemaster' can grow up to 15cm across, and they are made up of numerous star-shaped, sterile flowers. These appear in midsummer, and look great in pots, but they can also be woven through a sunny border, dotted in groups among lower-growing perennials that will mask their foliage, which usually dies back before the flowers emerge.
- Garden care: Enrich the soil with added compost and plant the bulbs 15cm deep. Space them at 25cm intervals to take full advantage of the big flower heads. Make sure the soil does not get too wet or waterlogged, and divide large clumps in autumn or spring.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs