Allium 'Mercurius' (PBR)
ornamental onion or allium bulb
- available to order from summer
- 1 bulb
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Allium bulb size: 10+
Densely packed heads of violet-pink flowers top the tall stems in late spring and early summer. Emerging from a basal clump of rich green foliage, which dies back before the flowers open, it's useful for adding structural interest to borders and pots - and the flowers are loved by bees.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs 15cm deep and 15cm apart to enjoy the full effect of the flowers. Avoid excessive moisture from late summer when they become dormant. Over-large clumps can be lifted and divided in autumn or spring.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs