Allium stipitatum 'Mount Everest'
ornamental onion or allium bulbs
- 2 + 1 FREE bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 1 bulb
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 16/18
Tightly packed spherical umbels of 50 or more white, star-shaped flowers appear on upright, ribbed stems in early summer, above the strap-shaped foliage, which starts to die back before the flowers emerge. 'Mount Everest' is a tall allium with an outstanding architectural form that is ideally suited to gravel gardens.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs 15cm deep and 15cm apart to enjoy the full effect of the flowers. Avoid excessive soil moisture, and split and divide large clumps in autumn or spring.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs