Alocasia × amazonica 'Polly'
(shipped within 3-5 working days)
- 16cm pot - 50cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose an 18cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
A truly impressive plant that is mainly grown for its heavily-veined, dark green leaves - although it will occasionally produce a yellow spathe flower too. Like its namesake (elephant's ear), the leaves are large, which is why they make a really big impact.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: This plant needs warmth and humidity. If you have a warm, light bathroom that could be perfect. Otherwise stand the pot on a tray of damp pebbles to try and keep the humidity levels up and/or mist regularly. Keep the temperature at a minimum of 16°C, warmer if possible. Water regularly in the summer, reducing through the winter, and feed with a liquid feed in spring/summer every 3-4 weeks.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant