Alocasia 'Silver Dragon'
- 14cm pot | 30cm tall
- In stock (shipped within 1-2 working days)
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
- Shop the look: Vibes fold round pink pot cover Ø16cm
A bold and imposing structural plant with huge reptilian-like silver-green leaves and dark-green veins, emerging from sturdy stalks. ‘Silver Dragon’ is a mesmerising Alocasia with leaves likened to dragon scales. Fabulous in the corner of a sitting room or hall, a touch of the exotic in your home!
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: This plant needs warmth and humidity. If you have a warm, light bathroom that could be perfect. Otherwise stand the pot on a tray of damp pebbles to try and keep the humidity levels up and/or mist regularly. Keep the temperature at a minimum of 16°C, warmer if possible. Water regularly in the summer, reducing through the winter, and feed with a liquid feed in spring/summer every 3-4 weeks.
Dormancy is a natural process, triggered by a reduction in light, cooler temperatures, and drier air and soil mimicking the seasonal changes in the plant's natural environment. If the plant is beginning to enter a dormant period by shedding leaves or discolouring and dying back then reduce watering, light and maintain cooler conditions. The corm or bulb should only be watered lightly when the top inch of soil has become dry. The plant will regrow when warm, bright, moist conditions return.
- Humans/Pets: TOXIC if eaten; skin/eye irritant