zebra elephant's ears
(shipped within 2-4 working days)
- 14cm pot - 50cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: fertile: freely draining potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
The large, arrow-shaped foliage of this impressive house plant is eye-catching, but it's the stems, which are imprinted with zebra-like stripes along their length, that really make it stand out from the crowd. Immediately creating a tropical feel to the room, they are perfect for a steamy bathroom or kitchen.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: These plants love a humid atmosphere, so keep them away from central heating radiators and either stand the pot on a tray of damp pebbles, or mist them regularly with water. Keep the temperature minimum of 16°C, warmer if possible. Water regularly in the summer, reducing through the winter, and feed with a liquid feed in spring/ summer every 3-4 weeks.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant