Barbados aloe (syn. Aloe barbadens)
(shipped within 2-3 working days)
- 12cm pot - 30cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost, well drained
- Rate of growth: slow
- Flowering period: early summer generally
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
Often referred to as the first aid or medicinal aloe, this plant has been grown for its healing properties for many years - and is now often used in cosmetics and alternative medicines. It's an evergreen succulent with fleshy, serreated-edged leaves, which form in a stemless rosette, and if you're lucky, it can produce clusters of greenish yellow flowers.
- Home care: Water moderately when growing, and sparingly when dormant through the winter months. Feed with a balanced liquid fertiliser 2-3 times during the growing season.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten
Goes well with
(shipped in 3-5 working days)