Anemone × hybrida 'Königin Charlotte'
Japanese anemone ( syn. Queen Charlotte )
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A fabulous plant for bringing colour to the garden in late summer and autumn, this Japanese anemone produces masses of large, pink, cup shaped flowers on tall, wiry stems from August to October. The leaves are pretty, too - vine-like, dark green, and semi-evergreen. These award-winning, semi-double, Japanese anemones are perfect for areas of partial shade towards the back of a moist herbaceous or mixed border. One of our recommended plants, if left undisturbed they will soon spread to form majestic clumps.
- Garden care: Cut back the stalks after the flowers have faded. Tidy up old dead leaves in March. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring. Avoid moving the plant since it resents disturbance. Where necessary lift and divide congested clumps in early spring.