Antirrhinum majus 'Night and Day'
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 500 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, sharply drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: half hardy, short-lived perennial
Opening from the base of the upright stem in summer, the flowers of this snapdragon are a striking mix of creamy white and rich, burgundy-red. This short-lived plant is usually treated as an annual, but it's perfect for quickly (and inexpensively) filling gaps in a sunny border. The flowers will also look great when cut for a vase.
- Garden care:Fill trays with good quality compost and lightly cover the seeds. Water, and place in a cold frame or greenhouse. Pot on when they have put on their first true leaves and the harden off before planting out at 20-30cm intervals, after the frosts have passed. Seeds sown in autumn and overwintered in a cold frame, will produce bigger plants which will flower earlier in the year, than those sown in spring.
- Sow: August-October or March-April
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 500 seeds