Norfolk Island pine
(shipped within 5-7 working days)
- 17cm pot - 60cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright, indirect sun
- Soil: fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Current height: approximately 60cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 18cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
An elegant coniferous tree that when young is ideal for growing as a houseplant. Perfect as a statement plant, the small needles cluster together on stems to form a fan shaped 'leaf'. The spreading branches grow in a tiered habit to create a symmetrical conical shaped plant - lush, green and full. As an added attraction the new growth emerges bright green, then darkens as it matures.
- Garden care: This plant will tolerate a range of temperatures in the home, but in a hot room with central heating you may need to regularly mist to increase the air humidity. Place it somewhere bright and sunny but not in direct sun. Water freely in the growing season from March to September, reducing in the winter but do not let it dry out. Feed every 2 weeks throughout the growing season with a balanced fertiliser. In the summer you can move it outdoors into a sheltered sunny spot but shaded from the really hot sun, moving back into the house in the autum before any likelihood of frosts. It can grow outside eventually but it will need a sheltered spot and protection from frosts. No pruning is neccessary.