- available to order from autumn
- 3 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Said to contain three times as many antioxidants as blueberries, chokeberries can be harvested in autumn, and have a tart flavour when eaten raw - but are delicious when cooked and used in compotes, summer puddings and jams.
- Garden care: Each year in February or March remove one in three of the older stems of established specimens.