French tarragon / Artemisia dranunculus 'French'
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: August to September
- Hardiness: half-hardy (will need winter protection)
Loose clusters of white flowers in late summer and aromatic light to mid-green leaves. Tarragon is perfect for growing in a terracotta container in full sun. Sprigs of the aromatic foliage can be harvested throughout the growing season, for flavouring chicken and fish dishes and for making tarragon vinegar or in sauces.
- Garden care: Potted plants should be moved to an unheated greenhouse or sheltered porch during the winter months, while others should be protected with horticultural fleece.