(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 12cm pot - 25cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 25cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
The stiff, waxy, dark green fronds of this evergreen Asplenium produces ‘fern babies’ on its leaves, which is why its commonly known as 'the mother fern'. An altogether robust and unusual indoor houseplant that is easy to grow, it's ideal for gently cascading over the edge of a shelf or bookcase.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Avoid handling the newly emerging fronds and water regularly in the growing season so that the compost remains moist but not waterlogged. Mist the leaves regularly with water - particularly in winter when the central heating is turned on. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter and repot in spring when the plant becomes root-bound.