Award-winning vibrant species tulip collection - 60+30 Free bulbs
RHS AGM tulip collection
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 2+1 FREE collections
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Buy one collection of 30 species tulips, all of which have been awarded an AGM, and you will receive 10 of each of the varieties listed below for only £14.95. Alternatively, buy 2 collections for £29.90 and get another 10 of each free - that's 90 bulbs (30 of each variety) for only £29.90.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The delicate-looking tulips in this collection originate from mountainous regions in Central Asia and are in fact extremely tough. Unlike many of the other types of tulips, they can be left in the ground where they will come back year after year, forming good-sized clumps if conditions suit them. Plant the bulbs 10-15cm deep in late summer or autumn, allowing a similar distance between each, in a sunny spot with reasonably fertile, freely draining soil. While actively growing, keep them moderately well watered and remove the flowers after they have faded. At that stage a balanced liquid fertiliser can be applied each week for 4 weeks before they die down.
In each collection you will receive the following:
10 × Tulipa 'Little Beauty'
From amongst the lax clumps of long, slender leaves, upright bowl-shaped flowers emerge on short, sturdy stems. The hot pink petals often have a green flush on their outer edges, while the inside eye is a mix of creamy white and rich blue. Grows to 15cm tall.
10 × Tulipa saxatilis (Bakeri Group) 'Lilac Wonder'
Bowl-shaped mauve-pink flowers, with a paler interior and a luminous, well-defined eye, appear in profusion from mid-spring. Compact in habit, they are ideally suited to pots or windowboxes, as well as filling gaps towards the front of the border. Grows to 25cm tall.
10 × Tulipa tarda
Shiny, lance-shaped green leaves form loose clumps, which in early to mid-spring are crowned with white-tipped yellow flowers, often with a reverse that is flushed with red and green. Happiest in richer soils, its compact habit makes it ideal for pots. This tulip is one of the few that do not need to be lifted each year and if planted in the ground, it will spread to form good-sized clumps. Grows to 15cm tall.
- Garden care: From August to November plant the bulbs 10-15cm deep and 10-15cm apart in a sunny spot with fertile, well-drained soil. While actively growing, keep them moderately well watered and remove the flowers after they have faded. At that stage a balanced liquid fertiliser can be applied each week for 4 weeks before they die down.
- Humans: Harmful if eaten; skin allergen; Pets: Ornamental bulbs - not to be eaten