- available to order from midsummer
- 2 litre pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Clusters of small, nodding, orange-yellow flowers appear in mid- and late spring, followed by bluish-purple autumn berries. This upright, evergreen shrub has small, spiny, dark green, holly-like leaves and is useful to fill a difficult spot in the garden, provided it has space to spread out. It also makes a good informal, flowering hedge. Vigorous and easy to grow, it often produces a second flush of flowers in autumn.
Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Where some pruning is required, cut back in autumn or winter, after the appearance of the autumn fruits.
- Humans/Pets: Fruit are ornamental - not to be eaten