Berberis thunbergii f. atropurpurea 'Helmond Pillar'
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow to average
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This deciduous berberis is grown for its dark red-purple leaves and for its narrowly upright habit. It has small, red-tinted, pale-yellow flowers in mid-spring and in autumn, the leaves turn a brilliant shade of red. It is low maintenance, and useful for for giving vertical interest in a well-drained, sunny or partly shady border.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Where pruning is required, cut back in autumn or winter, after the appearance of the autumn fruits