Bergenia 'Ice Queen'
(shipped in 5-7 working days)
- 9cm pot
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The bright green leaves of this evergreen perennial are often flushed with red towards their outer edges in the colder months, and they form a tidy clump, which in late winter and early spring is topped with upright stems that carry clusters of pale green flowers. Slowly spreading to form a dense groundcover, Bergenia 'Ice Queen' will become drought tolerant once established, so is excellent for underplanting existing trees and shrubs.
- Garden care: After flowering remove faded flower-heads and apply a slow-release fertiliser around the plant. Lift and divide large clumps in early spring.