- available to order from summer
- 14cm pot | 30cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: loam-based potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
This stunning plant is ideal for a connoisseur grower. It produces magnificent clouds of purple bracts from July to September. A strong-growing, semi-evergreen climber, it's best grown in a conservatory, but could be moved out to a sunny patio during the warmer months. As soon as the temperatures start to dip however, it must be moved back to a frost-free spot.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water sparingly during winter and repot or top-dress in spring. Bougainvilleas can live for over 50 years if given the correct care. They much prefer a heated conservatory and tend to go dormant at around 10°C, when they lose their leaves and flowers. Temperatures below this can be fatal. Once dormant, keep on the dry side until they come back into growth. When they are in growth, water moderately and feed monthly with a balanced liquid fertiliser. Repot or top-dress the compost in spring and during the growing season, give it a light trim to keep it bushy.