Buddleja × pikei Unique ('Pmoore12') (PBR)
butterfly bush (Syn Buddleja × alternifolia 'Unique' )
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Compact and extremely long flowering, this new hybrid form will liven up patio pots and borders. Fragrant lilac flowers appear in abundance from early summer through to autumn and are an attractive source of nectar for butterflies. However the flowers have no pollen and are sterile, so this variety will not self-seed around your garden. Easy to look after it will appreciate a sunny spot and a hard prune in spring. Flowering on new wood it is fast growing but will still remain compact, only reaching about 1 metre tall, making this exciting new variety from renowned plantsman Peter Moore ideal for small spaces.
- Garden care: Prune back hard in March, removing all of the previous year's growth to three or four buds. Remove faded flowerheads to encourage more to form.