Eventual height & spread
Buddleja × pikei Unique ('Pmoore12') (PBR)
butterfly bush (syn. Buddleja × alternifolia Unique)
(shipped in 2-3 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Compact and extremely long flowering, this new hybrid form will liven up patio pots and borders. Flowering on new wood, the fragrant lilac flowers appear in abundance from early summer through to autumn and are an attractive source of nectar for butterflies. The flowers have no pollen and are sterile, so this variety will not self-seed around your garden. Easy to look after, it will appreciate a sunny spot and a hard prune in spring. Though fast-growing it will stay compact, reaching only about 1 metre tall, making this exciting new variety from renowned plantsman Peter Moore ideal for small spaces.
- Garden care: Prune back hard in March, removing all of the previous year's growth to three or four buds. Remove faded flowerheads to encourage more to form.