Buddleja x weyeriana 'Bicolor'
- available to order from autumn
- 2 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
On arching branches with dark green leaves, this distinctive cultivar produces striking clusters of purple buds, which open to reveal bicoloured blooms in variable shades of pink and orange, fading to bronze as the flowers mature during mid to late summer. With a sweet scent, the flowers are attractive to wildlife, especially butterflies. A resilient, low maintenance shrub that is tolerant of most situations, but grows best in well-drained soil in a sunny position.
- Garden care: Prune back hard in March, removing all of the previous year's growth to three or four buds.