- sold out
- set of 6 (mixed)
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Compost: specialist cacti compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 7cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
This set of 6 mixed (unnamed and unlabelled) cacti makes a great starter collection, and will look fab lined up on a bright windowsill, potted up together into one large bowl-shaped planter, or an open terrarium-style planter. They are incredibly easy to look after, so make a great option for the first-time house plant gardener. Please note however that as this is a mixed collection, the plants you receive may be different varieties from those in the photo.
- Home care: Place in a bright spot and in spring and summer, water when the compost gets dry, but make sure they never sit in excess water for any length of time. In autumn cut back on the water and keep them almost dry throughout the winter - watering only if they start to look a bit shrivelled. Avoid a humid atmosphere (no bathrooms or steamy kitchens) and in the warmer months, open a window or door occasionally so they can enjoy the fresh air. Repot every year or two into slightly larger pots using cacti compost. You will find it easier to tackle if you concertina a sheet of newspaper and then fold this around the spines, leaving a 'tail' that you can use to lift the plants out of one pot and into another. Otherwise invest in some thorn-proof gloves!