Eventual height & spread
Calendula officinalis 'Indian Prince' (Prince Series)
English marigold, marigold, pot marigold
- approx 100 seeds
- In stock (shipped within 1-2 working days)
- Seed Packets (only) £2.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, poor to moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy annual (it will die after flowering)
Each burnt orange petal has a mahogany reverse, adding to the the flowers rich colouring. The flowers top taller than average stems, which makes them particularly good for cutting and popping into a vase. A prolific flowerer, this fresh annual is easy to grow in most most soils - even quite poor ones and the edible petals look wonderful scattered over salads.
- Garden care: In autumn or spring, either sow in situ into well-raked soil, or in a seed-tray or pot. Cover the seed with 1cm of soil or compost and thin out as the seedlings appear allowing 30cm between each plant. They require little care, although regular deadheading will prolong the already substantial flowering period.
- Sow: September - October or March-April
- Flowering: June-October
- Approximate quantity: 100 seeds.